i found this meme reading melissa the mouth's blog and thought it would be fun to do this week.
1. Where / how did you meet your spouse?
we actually met our senior year of high school when we were both visiting whitworth to see if that's where we wanted to go for college. we ended up bowling on the same lane and sitting by each other at didier's. i left thinking we would be friends if we both went there... he left thinking he would marry someone like me. we were both right.
2. How long have you known each other?
well, we met in the spring of 1999, so that would be about 8 1/2 years
3. How long after you met did you start dating?
about two years later... spring of sophomore year of college
4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
troy proposed on a date celebrating our 7th month of dating
5. How long was your engagement?
too long... 8 months
6. How long have you been married?
5 1/2 wonderful years
7. What is your anniversary?
august 10th, 2002
8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
don't really remember... maybe about 150 or so
9. What kind of cake did you serve?
amazing cake! chocolate and white cakes with great filling... topped with white frosting and then covered in chocolate... it looked like a chocolate waterfall!
10. Where was your wedding?
we were married at my church, hinson, and then had the reception at the beautiful crowne plaza hotel.
11. What did you serve for the meal?
12. How many people were in your bridal party?
five on each side and a flower girl and ring bearer.
13. Are you still friends with them all?
on my side, yes. on troy's side... all but one.
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
i think he got teary, but no real crying.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
the whole day was wonderful! i especially loved when our friend was doing a dance while we lit the unity candle... it gave us a chance to talk about how we were doing and take it all in. also, i LOVED our rehearsal bbq dinner at a park. but since that wasn't on the wedding day, maybe it didn't count. 16. Any funny moments?
everything about the ring bearer and flower girl was funny! during the ceremony, the flower girl actually laid down on a step and started kicking her feet... sometimes even kicking up the dress of one of the bridesmaids.
17. Any big disasters?
only an almost-disaster. the tux shop didn't give us everything we needed. for example, troy was missing a tux shirt! fortunately, the wife of one of the groomsmen was at near the store and picked up what was missing.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
mammoth lakes, california. we drove there and got to hike in yosemite, play games, ride bikes, etc. it was a wonderful vacation.
19. How long were you gone?
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
i would get a better photographer and dj,
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
when laying in bed, left
22. What size is your bed?
queen so we can still cuddle
23. Greatest strength as a couple?
we both are committed to loving God and living lives that glorify Him. and we have tons of fun together!
24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
i don't really know... maybe getting stuck in ruts of things to do.
25. Who literally pays the bills?
26. What is your song?
we don't really have one. but if we did, it would probably be wonderful tonight by eric clapton because that's what troy played for me on his guitar as a part of our first date.
27. What did you dance your first dance to?
some random waltz. see, we had songs picked out and then our dj had some family emergency and had to send a replacement who didn't know about what we did and did not want. and he mispronounced our last name. blah.
28. Describe your wedding dress.
bright white... empire waist... white satin covered with embroidered white organza... white organza train... fetuchini straps... i felt like a fairy princess!
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
wedding: white cala lily, blue hydrangea, white roses, greens
reception: blue hydrangea, white roses
30. Are your wedding bands engraved?
troy's has "forever" engraved in it.
i'll tag janell and angel. but really, this is a no pressure meme, so feel free to ignore it.